Rationalwiki has a habit of being snarky. Snarkness is not really a good idea at times. Rationalwikians may prioritize snarkness over debunking. The snark can be rarely misogynistic in nature or much more commonly not funny.
Argumentum ad hominemEdit
Argumentum ad hominems plagues the living person articles. There were literally an edit war over whether it was okay to insult someone as "insane". Some rare instances of "cunt" as an insult on living person articles, odd for a feminist wiki.
Misuse of categoriesEdit
The categories "Insufferable assholes" and "Bullshit" are useless in promoting the wiki's goals. They are just there for lulz and snark. There has been a source of annoyance as some editors may start mass adding the categories to pretty much every conservative. Rationalwiki has deleted the category "Unremitting horror" for being literally useless.
How did anyone think this was a good idea?Edit
It took Rationalwiki two months to remove snark aimed at man who committed suicide.
- ↑ History of Lauren Southern
- ↑ How many uses "cunt" can we find? One, and two, three.
- ↑ Category:Insufferable assholes
- ↑ Category:Bullshit
- ↑ Purpose of Rationalwiki
- ↑ RationalWiki:Articles for deletion/Category:Unremitting horror
- ↑ The Alt right and Gamergate are bigots, not cults. The Secret isn't a cult either. Self help is not a cult.
- ↑ Difference between revisions of "Andrew Schlafly"
- ↑ Difference between revisions of "Dave Rubin"
- ↑ Talk:Otherkin § Why did we think it was a good idea to add an image of a man who committed suicide?