A malicious block is a block issued by a RationalWiki Sysop which a rational and neutral editor would find inappropriate.
Duration of blockEdit
Blocks sometimes last for an indefinite number of seconds, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer, and occasionally even longer still.
- When a Sysop is in debate with another user or Sysop and uses the block power in anger.
- When Sysop wishes to silence or intimidate a troublesome user with whom they have an intellectual or emotional difference of opinion.
- When a Sysop wishes to punish a user (or another Sysop) for doing something the Sysop personally doesn’t like but which is not covered by site standards.
- When a Sysop really can't be bothered to argue.
Common lame complaints from blockeesEdit
- This place is just like Conservapedia!
Common lame excuses from blockersEdit
- It was only n seconds or n minutes.
- X is also a sysop, so they could have unblocked themselves.
- I think they deserved it.
- If this were Conservapedia I would have given you an infinite block, so count yourself lucky.
It depends on who received the block, if they complain, and who stands up for them. They may precipitate Headless Chicken Mode.
- ↑ Was that the most pointless statement ever?